CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pictures!!

As I'm sure you can tell, I finally have pictures!
Once Brooke showed me how to do it, it wasn't that hard.
Anyway, this picture is of our dog, Chessie.
On Sunday she got attacked by a cat, and the cat tore her tendon so yesterday my mom took her to the vet and she had to have surgery. :(
So today she came home with a cone around her neck(don't worry, I'll put some pictures up!),and she has bandages on her legs where she got IVs .

Anyway, Brooke's got a pretty bad head cold and I've got a sore throat, and yesterday at P.E., I got beamed in the leg with a softball. Yeah, it hurt. I have a big bruise and I can feel the pain all the way into my foot! So, basically everyone is falling apart!

Well, I haven't posted for a while. I haven't really been to busy, I haven't been sick, I haven't forgotten. I basically just couldn't. We lost a baby last week. Besides losing D this was the hardest loss we've ever had. It was a 5 day old baby boy, no parents, and no family.
He was a long term to adoption placement. The phone rang we had our hopes up, started making plans, including a name, he had none, and the next day to make a long, complicated, and sad story short, we weren't listed in the county computer as an adoptive ready home. Our social worker didn't know we were an adoptive home, we are, we have all the paperwork we need to adopt a child, we weren't listed as that, so they placed the little boy with someone else.

We just pray that the family that the family the baby is with will love and cherish him, and raise him to know the Lord as we would have done.

So we picked names, talked about how excited we were to finally get a boy, one that we could keep no less, and then we found out God had other plans.

And well, to add to it all, D's mom hasn't been returning our calls, and we don't know why, we just are praying that she will call and everything will be ok, and she'll let us see D still.

So know we are all waiting, hoping, praying, that the phone will ring and we'll finally be able to fill our empty cribs, empty car seats, and our empty hearts.

We jump every time the phone rings, and wait to hear if it's a social worker calling to tell us a baby need us, because we need them.

~Brianna

"For I know th plans I have for you,"declares the Lord",
plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future".
Jeremiah 29-10-12

0 comments: