CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yeah!!!!!

We got a baby!!!! A boy!!!!
We finally got called on a baby, we went and picked him up on Tuesday and brought him home. He's 5 months old and is absolutely adorable!:)
As always we don't know how long he'll be with us, the social worker said there might be some relatives who could maybe get him, they're not sure though, and it could be at least a month till they work some things out.
It's really sad though, he's got some kind of neurological problem and he doesn't see that well. He'll sit with his hand in front of his face for a really long time like he can't find his mouth and his eyes go in different directions and he has a hard time focusing on anything. So he's got some doctor's visits coming up to see if they can find out what's wrong.

D's mom finally called us. Actually J, D's sister who we also had in our home called and asked if we could come pick up D because she was asking for my mom. So we went and got her on Thursday night and we'll have her through tomorrow(Sunday) afternoon. so, basically D's mom wants a break from a wild almost two year old and so she just casually asks us if we can take her for the weekend. We cherish the time we have with her though. We're just all praying that her mom will continue to let us see her.

Today we were babysitting some friends kids. We had a lot of fun. Well, except when I was cutting a sandwich in half for lunch and I sliced my finger(ouch!). I had no idea how much blood was in the top of a finger. Now I know. Although I would have liked to have been without the hands-on science lesson(literally).

I was sick a few days ago with a really bad head cold:(. Every time I got up it was like a symphony of trombones and tubas were going off inside my head. Not fun.
Now my throat is so raw from all the coughing that my voice is all scratchy sounding, and it doesn't really feel good to talk. According to my family I should just stop talking altogether. For the sake of healing they say( yeah right).

Anyway, it also hurts to type with the top of my slit finger(I'm basically falling apart), so I better go before I hurt myself anymore. I'm dangerous you know.

~Brianna

2 comments:

Zoe said...

In response to your comment on my blog:
Yes, I did finish the Giver. I liked it a lot, although the ending always bugged me. lol! And it was a little weird, but all in all I thought it was really interesting. Now I get to write a paper on it for Government class... yuck.
No, I haven't read Gathering Blue yet, but I want to really bad.
Have you read Messenger?

Zoe said...

That's so sad about the little boy. I hope the doctors can find out what's wrong.
Spicing your finger sounded painful!
Hope you get to feeling better soon.