CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Waiting

We still haven't heard anything about the little boys. I don't know if I've mentioned his before, but their mom is pregnant again, we'd get the baby too if it worked out.

Waiting is one of the hardest things to do on the road to foster-adoption. When we were called on baby's before for foster care we always knew within a few hours if it was going to work out or not. It's been over a week and we still don't know yet. The boys county social worker is supposed to call us. He hasn't yet, and each day is getting longer and longer while we wait.

We all jump every time the phone rings hoping and praying that it'll be someone with some news about them. The phone has rang three times while I was typing up this post. A medical office, some guy speaking Spanish trying to get us to switch to Dish Network, and a telemarketer. Apparently we won a free cruise to the Caribbean. Yea.

Ok, yes I may sound a little depressed. Waiting is so hard. Not that I don't have things to do, a social worker is coming over later for an inspection. Yeah, I'll save inspections for a whole other conversation. They're somethin' else.

I just wish we knew either way. We've been disappointed many times getting calls, social workers telling us that they found a distant relative that'll take the child, they've decided not to detain the kids, and so many other reasons. When got the call from D's social worker, then our little D was gone. We hope this phone call will be good news. This case with the boys looks promising, but again, you just never know.

Anyway, I have to get back to helping my mom clean out the garage.

I hope the phone rings soon.......

~Brianna

4 comments:

Hannah Noelle said...

Wow looks like all you can do is pray. So is the thing that you want to adopt them?

Brianna said...

Yeah.

They're planning on putting them up for adoption and my family fell in love with them when we babysat them a couple of weeks ago so we told the social we wanted them. But we haven't heard anything yet.

Lexi said...

I hate waiting! I hope you get to bring those babies home! But I like hearing how things are going for you - I really want to be a foster parent someday; now I'll know what to expect! And it finally clicked a little bit - he mentioned Edge of Eternity in Heaven. It sounds good, I'm going to see if I can find it at the library!

Brianna said...

Cool!